Transport / GottaGo
This project is deprecated. Feel free to use it as inspiration and/or help.
Current Version: 0.3 (unstable), 0.2 (stable)
- 0.0.1 (kilimanjaro) – Released in App Store – August 5, 2008 (GottaGo)
- 0.0.9 (yutmaru sar) – Beta Release – September 10, 2008 (GottaGo)
- 0.1.0 (annapurna) – Release in App Store – September 23, 2008 (GottaGo)
- 0.1.1 (baintha brakk) – In Development (Transport)
- Pulled from the App Store. (Lack of time, interest)
“Transport”, formerly known as “GottaGo”, is a mobile timetable for swiss public transit for your iPhone – but there’s more.
“Transport” is – even if the name doesn’t sound like – the Swiss-Army-Knife for commuters, switchers from the car and all others who tend to gotta get a train on short notice.
Does this sound familiar to you: You’re somewhere out in the nowhere, you printed your timetables in the morning, but now you’re half an hour of schedule and you’re not even where you thought you’ll be?
Or do you live in the city and you have about 10 possibilities to get from A to B, but you never know, which one’s the closest and the fastest?
Or are you always on the track and you need to know the timetables on short notice?
Or do you just need a complete, fast and easy mobile timetable?
And maybe you just don’t like it to wait out in the rain or snow and just want to hop on the next tram..
Your problems just found a solution – “Transport”.
“Transport” works the way you’d want it to work when you’re out there alone in the public transit jungle.
It follows the philosophy: “I’m here, bring me there.”
You have the possibility to locate yourself with “Transport” and let it find the closest stations around you – and of course find your desired trips.
This works the same way with addresses. Just enter an address for start/end or both and it automatically finds the closest stations around that address.
And of course you can just search for your trips like you would on SBB.ch.
If you have a few trips you often use, you can also add them as favorites – for an even faster arrival.
Due to the nature of “Transport” to receive it’s data live from SBB, you’ll also know about every additional trains. Whether you’re on the way home from your recent Open Air or you want to avoid those who are on the way home from their recent Open Air.
For an easy locating of your closest stations, “Transport” shows you the way, with the help of Google Maps
- Live Search:
- Search through your contacts and stations as you type
- New Locator:
- Set your desired accuracy and start/stop it whenever you want.
- Setting your travel time:
- Set the time you want to arrive or travel from.
- Transparent offline mode:
- Load your old trips without any internet connection
- Station validation:
- You’ll be prompted, when your station was wrong
- Use addresses or locator for nearby searching:
- You can even set both to nearby and it will cross-connect them
- Keeps Application state:
- Wherever you close Transport, it will come back to that point
- Favorites with one value only:
- Define your favorites for your from only, or your to only or both
- Very nice UI:
- A lot easier to read and find your way through